Wednesday, May 6, 2015

update

"Turquoise"

I have not checked in here for a while. To be honest I feel there are so many places to make yourself be seen and heard these days and I actually have a hard time keeping track! Almost everybody has an online presence now and we all speak with our own voice but sometimes I feel that all the voices are drowning each other out...

Anyway - I do have something I want to announce.

For the past months I have been working on new artwork for an upcoming exhibition in Tallin, Estonia. I have already announced this on my Instagram profile, but I thought I might as well also let you know through the blog.
The show is called NEW NORDIC FASHION ILLUSTRATION vol 2 and opens May 22nd and runs through September 27th. The exhibition is curated by well known fashion editor and photographer Toomas Volkmann.

About 20 illustrators from Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway and Estonia is to take part in the exhibition. Among the other artists are Stina Persson, Cecilia Carlstedt, Liselotte Watkins, Laura Laine, Daniel Egneus and Esra Roise.

I am very proud to have been invited to parttake in this exhibition and I can not wait to go to Tallin for the opening and meet all the other illustrators. Thanks to the Danish Art Foundation for taking care of the expenses for my stay in Tallin.

Many of the exhibiting artists are people whose work I have admired through my own career and I am both terrified and thrilled that my work will be hanging on the same walls as theirs.
But I have a good gut-feeling about this and I bet it is going to be a great experience.

(Also I have to leave my kids behind which also scares me a bit. I have not ever been farther away than a cardrive, so leaving on a plane for another country feels.... challenging!)   

My work was chosen for an outdoor banner which was made as an ad for the exhibition.

  
I will keep you in the loop about everything and also post more pictures along the way.

See my exhibition profile description here.

That is all for now - back to the drawing board!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment