Tuesday, February 18, 2014

collaboration with Sunrise agency and Rode Bath

I have had the pleasure of working with the Danish ad agency Sunrise on a campaign for Rode Bath.
I made these illustrations for international promotion, for posters, magazine ads and website. Rode Bath´s motto is Clean Out Ordinary - so the general mood of the illustrations is in this vein. Extraordinary, whimsical, otherworldly and intriguing.

The breif said to illustrate two products in their range; a soap dispenser and a toilet brush. It was quite a challenge to work with the toilet brush, not so much because of the shape of it, but due to the many connotations it has. I had to handle that one with care!

Below you will get an idea of how I work. I have enclosed samples of my sketching process up until the last and final illustration. At sketching stage I kept close contact the the art director at Sunrise Louise Arve, to keep making sure that what I made matched the clients vision of the brand.


sketch




sketch

sketch
sketch - final composition
final illustration of the soap dispenser

 So actually the composition for the soap dispenser was the hardest to get right. The composition of the toilet brush illustration I nailed almost right away. Luckily only a few elements were to be changed. Like the rat on the box of the brush - even though it has wings it is not the most appropriate animal to link to the bathroom...


first sketch - toilet brush


colored sketch
final illustration of the toilet brush

website implementation

  
website implementation

poster design

No comments:

Post a Comment