Monday, October 28, 2013

st. lucia in aritzia magazine






















I have been lucky enough to be asked to do a portrait of Jean-Philip Grobler aka St. Lucia, a New York based artist.

The Canadian online magazine Aritzia is doing a piece about him because he is launching a first full-length album, called When The Night. You can listen to it on soundcloud here: St. Lucia

I wanted to do something in the lines of their album cover which captures the ethereal feel of the music. It has an exotic, warm sound with lots of reverb.























I listened to the music while creating the portrait, to get into the "vibe"and I liked it very much! I would be perfect for a Friday night with drinks and friends!
It is dreamy, nostalgic pop, which somehow reminds me a bit of Pet Shop Boys.


No comments:

Post a Comment