Tuesday, April 9, 2013

in the making...

Today I am working with new pattern designs inspired by the good old art nouveau imagery... I have always loved the designs of the art nouveau period and find myself getting back to it once in a while to search for new inspiration and indulge in the abundance of decorative ornaments and organic lines.





Through my research of images from that era I stumbled upon E A Séguy - a French decorative illustrator who produced 11 books of patterns and illustrations in the early part of the 20th century. A distinctive feature of both the Art Nouveau and Art Deco periods (across which his work spanned) was the drawing of inspiration from the beauty of nature. Presented here are sample images from two of his books, dedicated to the study of insects. I think they are very beautiful!




Anyways - I did some sketching and this is what I came up with working both in hand and digitally.
    






xxMia

No comments:

Post a Comment