Friday, February 8, 2013

How fortunate am I?

I get to both work and play at the same time! Don't I just love it.
I don't know exactly what these birds are for, but I have so much fun making them, that I can't stop. I keep coming up with new variations of the little creature and I just keep going.



As I was making these last night, I recalled the paper cuts and collages of writer H. C. Andersen that I once years ago researched for a school project. He was indeed excellent with the scissors! I am going to share with you some of my fav's of his, that I pasted in my sketchbook in school.



They are quite modern some of them, I think. And these are made around 1890. Magnificent indeedo!

The last one has tiny scribbling on it that says:
"When a man builds on a cloud, like a dreamer, he easily and quickly falls in bits and pieces. The stork brings children from the water. The swan sings about the land of evermore."
He indeed was a dreamer - a very sad one at times - but did so much great work through his life. Inspiring in so many ways.

Aren't they beautiful?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment