Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Out and about

Last month I went to Horsens to attend the opening of an exhibition made by one of my best friends in the world. The exhibition named "Slowly Seeping through my Hands" is made by the very talented fashion designer turned artist; Nikoline Liv Andersen
If you have not seen this exhibit and if you are situated in Denmark you should definitely pay Horsens Kunstmuseum a visit! 
I have always admired Nikoline's dedication and patience. The needlework and attention to detail is what amazes me the most and of course also the color-scheme is wonderful. She builds up the textiles herself by adding layers of fabric, fur, leather, yarn etc until she is satisfied with the look of it. She may tear it up, paint it or add sequins and embroidery in order so make the garment stand out and have the right expression.
She is also one of the most determined people I know and it definitely shines through in this exhibit. She is not up for compromising so you know when you see Nikoline Liv Andersens work that everything has been very well thought through and hours have been spent on every single piece. 
Naturally I was thrilled to see much of her latest work in this setting.

Also pay a visit to her website here and see more of her great work. Btw her website is of my own design... first time I tried using Flash.



















No comments:

Post a Comment