Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Beach House & Devotion

Whilst listening to the lovely American band Beach House's second release Devotion I sat down and thought about the word and how the foundation of my entire being is build on devotion. The way I see it devotion to someone or something is crucial to succeeding with and feeling good about whatever you set out for; a healthy relationship, a successful trip to somewhere, an inspiring hobby or your everyday job. Perhaps it sounds like a cliché but with devotion to what you do you will eventually succeed - on all matters in life.

Well - anyhow - while thinking and listening this illustration appeared on my paper. I have been working quite a lot in my garden lately (will post about this some other day), so I guess it's making its mark in my creations - though when I come to think of it - nature has always been an important source of inspiration in my work.


I want to share with you also this romantic picture of the cute dream-pop duo Victoria Legrand and Alex Scally from Beach House. Love their hair too!!


Have a nice day all! xxx
   

1 comment:

  1. I have been listening to Beach House as well! I love the lyrics and their voice, they always fills my heart with joy!

    ReplyDelete